Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weiss keen to prove his worth

Weiss keen to prove his worth

Vladimir Weiss, son of the Slovakia coach of the same name, says he will continue to work hard to maintain the respect of his team-mates. The Manchester City winger is expected to retain his place tomorrow for the Group F match against Paraguay at the Free State Stadium after an impressive opening match against New Zealand which ended in a 1-1 draw.

"It is difficult being the manager's son," said the 20-year-old. "He did not choose to be the manager and then I got into the team. I knew it was going to make it harder for me with my dad being the manager. But the players are okay with it and everyone is being as professional as they can be."

Weiss senior admitted he is probably tougher on his son than the rest of the squad. "It is not easy to coach him because he has an individual way of playing," he said. "He has strengths but also weak points. I think I am more strict with him than other players."

source:http://www.fifa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment