Thursday, June 24, 2010

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa:Japan eye bigger prize

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Japan eye bigger prize

Japan star Keisuke Honda has backed his side to make an even bigger impression on this FIFA World Cup™ after a landmark victory over Denmark sent the Blue Samurai into the last 16 for the first time on foreign soil.

Honda picked up the Budweiser Man of the Match award after scoring a stunning first-half free-kick and then brilliantly creating his side's final goal for substitute Shinji Okazaki in a convincing 3-1 win. Yasuhito Endo was also on target with a superb free-kick. The Danes' goal came from skipper Jon Dahl Tomasson at a stage when their hopes of the win they needed to qualify had all but disappeared.

"I know this is a really big win for Japan," Honda said after helping his side line up a Round of 16 meeting with Paraguay in Pretoria on Tuesday. "I expected to be really jubilant but I'm not as jubilant as I thought I would be because I don't think we are finished here. I believe we can go further in this competition."

source:http://www.fifa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment