Friday, July 9, 2010

Record not on Klose's mind

Record not on Klose's mind

Miroslav Klose is hoping to shake off a back injury ahead of Germany's match with Uruguay in what will be his last chance to write his name in the FIFA World Cup™ history books.

The Bayern Munich striker is just one goal shy of the all-time FIFA World Cup finals scoring record of 15 held by Brazil's Ronaldo. Klose's two goals against Argentina in the quarter-finals put him level with Gerd Muller, the legendary German striker of the 1970s, and in sight of Ronaldo's mark.

The 32-year-old is hoping to shake off a back injury before the third-place play-off match in Port Elizabeth tomorrow but insists the all-time scoring record is not uppermost in his mind.

Klose said: "I want to win against Uruguay, even if I don't score, that's still the most important thing. I don't know whether I am going to pass Ronaldo's record, and I don't really care. I am more interested in what we do as a team
http://www.fifa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment